You need to attend both Audio Workshops (Audio Field and Studio Workshop and Adobe Audition Editing Workshop) and/or be enrolled in a radio class to use the audio editing facilities in the Media Center.
(Click here for Audition editing instructions)
When editing an audio piece:
• Raw audio files should be stored in the FORK (F:) drive. Copy all files in a folder with your story name, inside of the show folder. (Be specific and use the date.)
• Make sure you trim off extraneous material at the end of your finished piece. Otherwise, unwanted audio could be heard in the show.
• When mixing down the final project for submission for the newscast, the audio file MUST be a (.WAV) file with the settings of 44.1khz, 16 bit, Mono.
• Be conscious of your audio levels before you produce the final piece. If they are too low, high, or inconsistent, it can cause difficulty during playback.
• Log into Newsboss, locate your finished audio file in FORK and attach it to your script.
• The finished story for playout in the newscast, must be placed in the “NewsBoss” folder located on the desktop of the MC computers.
Media Center audio production equipment and facilities MAY be used for:
• Edited material for a Media Center production (Live Broadcast and Podcasts)
• Radio-related class projects
• Resume compilations
Media Center audio production equipment and facilities MAY NOT be used for:
• Projects for other schools or departments
• Personal projects