You need to attend both Audio Workshops or be enrolled in a radio class:
• Audio Field and Studio Workshop • Adobe Audition Editing Workshop
(Click here for Audition editing instructions)
When editing an audio piece:
• Files can be stored in the “ARN Student” folder accessible on the Media Center computers.
• “ARN Student” folders will be cleared periodically; we recommend you backup your files to your own hard drive.
• Make sure you trim off extraneous material at the end of your finished piece. Otherwise, unwanted audio could be heard in the show.
• When mixing down the final project for submission for the newscast, the audio file MUST be a .WAV file with the settings of 44.1khz, 16 bit, Mono.
• Be conscious of your audio levels before you produce the final piece. If they are too low, high, or inconsistent, it can cause difficulty during playback.
• The final piece must be posted in the “NewsBoss” folder to play in the newscast.
Media Center audio production equipment and facilities MAY be used for:
• Edited material for a Media Center production (Live Broadcast and Podcasts)
• Radio-related class projects
• Resume compilations
Media Center audio production equipment and facilities MAY NOT be used for:
• Projects for other schools or departments
• Personal projects